Burundi is a country located in Africa. According to AbbreviationFinder, BI is the two-letter ISO code of Burundi, and BDI is the three-letter country abbreviation for Burundi. Yearbook 1997 Burundi. According to Countryaah, the national day of Burundi is July 1. There were battles all year between the Tutsi army and hutumilis. It was also […]
According to eningbo, in 2012, Burundi was a small landlocked country located in the eastern region of the African continent. It had a population of around 8.7 million people and its economy was largely dependent on agriculture and mining. Its GDP was estimated to be around $4 billion and the country had an unemployment rate of 40%. The majority of Burundi’s economic activity was centered around agriculture which accounted for around 60% of its total GDP. This sector included crop production, livestock raising, forestry and fishing among others. The remaining 40% of Burundi’s GDP came from mining which included gold mining, coltan mining, tin ore mining, copper ore mining and limestone mining among others. The government also took steps to diversify the economy away from agriculture and mining towards other industries such as renewable energy production (including solar power), textiles production, tourism services (including national parks), telecommunications services, and health care services. This effort was largely successful as foreign investment began flowing into the country from countries such as Belgium and China. Overall, 2012 marked an important period of transition for Burundi where it began taking steps towards becoming a modern nation while still facing many challenges along the way. It would take many more years before Burundi would become fully integrated into global markets but this period marked an important milestone in its journey towards progress. In 2015, the small landlocked country of Burundi was in the midst of a political and humanitarian crisis. After years of civil war, a new constitution was adopted in 2005 that sought to bring about stability and peace. However, shortly after the adoption of this new constitution, President Pierre Nkurunziza declared his candidacy for a third term in office. This sparked widespread protests across the country as many felt that he was violating the two-term limit outlined in the constitution. Despite international pressure and sanctions from other African countries, Nkurunziza proceeded with his candidacy and won another five-year term. This period of unrest led to a massive refugee crisis as hundreds of thousands fled to neighboring countries such as Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda due to violence and persecution. Those who remained also faced difficult living conditions as food shortages, poverty and disease were rampant throughout the country. With an economy largely dependent on agriculture, Burundi experienced frequent droughts which further exacerbated its already dire economic situation. Despite these challenges, there were some signs of progress in 2015. The government implemented an anti-corruption campaign which sought to root out corruption at all levels of government while also attempting to improve access to healthcare, education and other basic services for its citizens. Additionally, foreign aid began flowing into Burundi as international organizations such as UNICEF provided assistance in areas such as health care and nutrition for children affected by the crisis. Check computergees for Burundi in 2006.